In constipation home remedies have a great role to cure it permanently.
Constipation is a condition of the digestive system where an individual has hard feces that are difficult to expel. As many as one in five people experiences chronic constipation, a condition that’s even more common in women as they get older. It’s something that can easily creep up on you if you’re not paying attention, with many factors, from diet to other health conditions, contributing to the problem.
Constipation often results in discomfort when going to the washroom, feeling uneasy, or the inability to pass stool easily.
Sometimes, it can have a serious impact on your personal and mental health as well.
In the majority of cases, constipation resolves itself without any treatment or risk to health. But sometimes when constipation does not resolve itself you need to take constipation home remedies that relieve constipation without any side effects. These constipation home remedies are as follows
27 Amazing Constipation home remedies
Triphala The Most effective
- One of the most trusted and most effective constipation home remedies is Triphala,( the three fruits Vibhitaki, Amalaki, and Haritaki ) that helps to cure constipation. Take one tablespoon of Triphala powder with milk at bedtime. You can take Triphala for a long time without becoming habitual.
Cow Ghee with Hot Milk
2. Take one or two teaspoons of ghee in a cup of hot milk at bedtime. It is very effective to relieve constipation.
Fiber-rich fresh Fruits
3. Have a bowl of 1 or 2 fiber-rich fresh fruits every day. Fruits are extremely rich in water content, vitamins, minerals, and digestive enzymes that may help in relieving and preventing constipation. Following fruits are more beneficial-
- Papaya (papain enzyme),
- Pears (fructose and sorbitol),
- Apple (Pectin),
- Pineapple (unsweetened juice) (Bromelain enzyme),
- Citrus fruits: Oranges, Sweet lime (Pectin and Naringenin)
An apple or banana each day is helpful. Bananas should be ripe (bright yellow)
Fresh Fibrous Vegetables
4. Fresh vegetables are amazing constipation home remedies. Vegetables are rich in fiber such as Spinach, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, and sweet potatoes, provide essential nutrients, and can be consumed in cooked form, in stews or soups, boiled, roasted, and in salads.
5. Consume whole grain as oat bran, barley, wheat bran, jowar roti, bajra chapattis, buckwheat dosa, etc. with beans and lentils
6. Have nuts (raisins, apricots, and prunes) and seeds (Chia seeds, flaxseeds) every day to keep constipation at bay.
7. Drink plenty of water (at least 8 glasses of water per day) effective in constipation. Develop a habit of drinking water in the morning. Drinking water acts as a home remedy. Start with 2 glasses of water, and increase intake up to 7 – 8 glasses. It is more beneficial if this water can be stored in a copper container overnight.
8. Stay as active as possible and try to get regular exercise. Regular exercise aids in the movement of the stool through the colon.
9. Never hold stools if there is an urge.
Take Natural supplement
10. Natural Ingredients may help to relieve constipation such as
- Aloe Vera gel or juice
- Senna tea
- Regular use of aloe vera pulp in the diet prevents hard bowels.
Use a stool softener
11. Take one tablespoon of castor oil at bedtime with warm milk until you get relief.
12. Mint or Ginger Tea.
13. Fennel powder with warm water.
14, Fenugreek (cooked leaves and powdered seeds).
15. Lemon juice with warm water
Take dried figs
16. Soak 3-4 dried figs after washing them overnight in water. Eat them first thing in the morning, and also drink the water in which they were soaked. They should also be taken in the evening. Try this treatment for 3-4 weeks
17. 1-2 tbsp. of Blackstrap molasses with warm water
Take Gulkand (Rose Petal Jam)
18. Gulkand (Rose Petal Jam)– Those who pass the bowel like a pencil (hard) or like pellets, Take Gulkhand during nighttime along with milk.
19. Sesame seeds: Add to Cereals or salads.
20. Bael or wood apple fruit pulp or juice.
21. Try to manage stress.
22. Apply 3 to 4 drops of lukewarm castor oil over the navel at night in kids. It will help in clearing the bowel movements in kids (of age 1- 3 years) in the morning. Apply lukewarm sesame oil to the navel during taking bath and put a towel (which is dipped in warm water) on the lower abdomen.
Milk with Sugar Candy
23. In non-diabetic patients, 1 spoon of sugar candy can be taken during bedtime with milk. This is highly effective in mild constipation.
Aragwadha Fruit Pulp
24. The fruit pulp of Aragwadha is taken (10grams) along with water or milk. This helps to relieve even chronic kinds of constipation. One of the best constipation home remedies.
25. The tender leaves of Castor (Eranda) (2-4) are taken and ground into a fine paste. To this pulp of Aloe vera is added. Consumption of this helps people, who frequently suffer from constipation.
Spinach or Tomato Soup
26. Have a mid-morning soup, preferably prepared with spinach and tomato.
27. Consume 10-15 raisins at night. They are known to contain tartaric acid and have a high fiber content as well. Raisins can have a laxative effect and might act as a quick remedy for constipation.