How we gain Height (The Science behind exercises to increase Height)-
The height of a person depends on genetic make-up and functioning of Endocrine system. A person with short parents, remain short after growth completion. Several factors like environment, hormones, genes, nutrition. diet and physical activities have their own impact to attain height.
Pituitary gland secretes HGH (Human Growth Hormone) which is responsible for body composition, muscle and bone growth. This all happens around puberty, the specific time periods when most people have growth spurts i.e. in between the ages of 12 — 14.
Bones increase in length because of growth plates in the bones called epiphyses. As puberty progresses, the growth plates mature, and at the end of puberty they fuse and stop growing.
The whole of the skeleton does not stop growing at the same time. Hands and feet stop first, then arms and legs, with the last area of growth being the spine. This means that growth does not stop at a particular age. After the growth plates fuse, there is no more increase in height, and we all then shrink gradually as we get older.
If you have a strong determination with discipline, you can improve your height even at your mid-twenties. Exercising is one of the best ways to increase height fast and grow taller. These stretching exercises correct the body posture, stretches the body and stimulates HGH which increases body height to a great extent.
Despite your age, you can add about 1 to 2 inches of height by just improving your body posture.
Take the supplements, have a balanced diet and do the following exercises to increase height ten times a day and your will see an improvement in your height.
Here are the 7 best exercises to increase height which we should practiced daily to look tall and healthy-
7 Best Exercises to increase Height
Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is a sequence of 12 powerful yoga poses. It is a very systematic technique which combines the twelve asanas in a yoga sequence. Surya Namaskar is itself complete yoga and the best exercise to increase height.
- Stand straight and keep some distance between feet.
- Hands should be hanging alongside your body.
- Now while deep inhaling raises your both the arms upwards and interlock your fingers.
- Raise your heels and stand on your toes. Feel the stretch in your body from feet to fingers of arms.
- Hold this position and your breath for 10 seconds.
- Now while exhaling release your pose to come to the starting position.
- Repeat this cycle for 10 times.
Step 1: Start by lying on your stomach and rest your forehead on the floor.
Step 2: Keep your feet together and your toes touching the ground. Place your hands at shoulder level and palms on floor
Step 3: As you inhale lift your head, chest and abdomen and make sure that you keep the navel on the floor. Try to see the roof.
Step 4: Maintain the position till 10 to 60 seconds with steadily inhaling and exhaling
Step 5: Come to the original position slowly with a deep exhalation.
Step 6: Repeat the process for 3 to 5 times.
- Lie on your back with your arms beside you, palms downwards.
- As you inhale, use your abdominal muscles to lift your feet off the floor, raising your legs vertically at a 90-degree angle.
- Continue to breathe normally and supporting your hips and back with your hands, lift them off the ground.
- Allow your legs to sweep in a 180-degree angle over your head till your toes touch the floor.
- Your back should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Hold this pose and let your body relax more and more with each steady breath.
- After about a minute of resting in this pose, you may bring your legs down on exhalation.
- Avoid jerking your body, while bringing the legs down.
5. The Hanging Exercise
Hanging helps in straightening and lengthening of your spine easily.
6. Forward Bend
- Stand straight with your legs wide apart.
- Extend your hands up straight, bend down forward and touch the floor with your hands, without bending your knees.
- Then, return to the original position. It is one of the easiest exercise to increase height.
7. Skipping or Jump Squats
- Skipping gives a full-body workout. It gives strength to the thighs, shins, and calf muscles.
It improves balance, coordination, and body posture, so boost height growth.
These 7 best exercises to increase height, if done regularly, will gradually increase your height. Along with a proper diet, and good nutrition, these exercises will also boost your immunity and facilitate the growth of the body.