What is Dandasana (Staff Pose):
Dandasana is the Sanskrit word. The word “Danda” means – Stick and “Asana” means Pose. Dandasana (Staff Pose) is a simple and effective sitting Yoga asana. The benefits of Dandasana are to improve posture, strengthen your abdomen, chest, shoulder and back muscles.
How to do Dandasana (Staff Pose)
- Sit with an erect spine on the floor and stretch your legs in front of you. Feet should touch each other.
- Do not bend your back and head.
- Place your both the palms on the floor.
- Now try to bend your fingers of feet inwards.
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds and keep breathing deeply.
- After that release your pose and relax.
Benefits Of Dandasana (Staff Pose):
- Strengthens your chest, back muscles, spine and shoulders.
- Stretches your chest and legs
- Improve functionality of the digestive organs
- Help to relieve complications related to the reproductive organs
- Nourishes your body’s resistance to back and hip injuries
- Improves your posture.
- Strengthens your abdomen.
- Increase flexibility.
- Calms your mind.
- Increases focus and concentration.
- Creates body awareness
- Helps improve alignment of body