Hastapadasan Its Benefits and steps-
The term HASTA PADASANA is derived from the Sanskrit hasta, meaning “hand,” pada, meaning “foot,” and asana, meaning “posture.”
Benefits Of Hastapadasana (Hand To Foot Pose):
1. Stretches all the muscles of the back of the body.
2. Strengthen the nervous system by increasing the -blood supply.
3. It makes the spine supple and tones the abdominal organs.
4. It helps in correcting faulty posture and can even reduce excess fat in the abdomen, waistline, and hips.
5. It is also known to energize the brain as well as the pituitary, pineal, thyroid, and parathyroid glands by increasing the blood supply to these areas.
6. This yoga is good for hair loss.
Steps to do Hastapadasana (Hand To Foot Pose):
1. Stand straight.
2. Bring your arms overhead while inhaling.
3. Now while exhaling bend forward and down towards the feet.
4. Try to touch your feet or on the floor or on the legs by your fingers.
5. Keep the position for 20-30 seconds.
6. Now while inhaling slowly come in the standing position with your arms overhead.
7. Now while exhaling bring your hands down.