Ayurveda is an ancient holistic science of life. Only you are unaware of it.
This age’s old science — Ayurveda provides many secrets for–How to look younger?
All you have to do is follow the steps as it is & feel the difference in you.
As the saying goes—
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
John C. Maxwell
Successful aging, positive aging, anti-aging, and healthy aging are the absence of disease and disability, high cognitive and physical functioning, and active engagement with life. There are many things you can do to look and feel great as you age within these general categories.
How to look younger:- 16 Steps to look younger-
Ayurveda has Daily Regime or Daily care to look young and healthy forever. You have to develop some habits and sets as your daily regimes in this process. There are 16 things you can do to look younger.
So let’s start with how to look younger at the beginning of the day.
1. Wake up early in the morning:
The best time is before sunrise. But keep in mind if you feel some discomfort in the abdomen, stay asleep for some more time. You will stay off from bad breath, constipation, laziness & many eye disorders.
2. Empty your colon & bladder :
Empty your colon and bladder if you urge to. But if you don’t, do not strain. Eliminating body wastes peacefully kicks off headache, rhinitis, piles, and anal pain/prolapse.
3. Gargle twice a day :
Gargle twice a day with water. Rinse thoroughly without spilling water or speaking. Gargling is best for oral health and strengthens teeth, gums & jaw.
4. Clean your teeth using neem stick/licorice/cardamom root stick/banyan/babul sticks.
Here is a time-tested powder formula for your teeth.
Take powders of the following herbs—
- Embolic myrobalan
- Chebulic myrobalan
- Belliric myrobalan
- Black pepper
- Piper longum
(Alternatively, you can use herbal dental paste. They are also effective.)
Mix them thoroughly and add honey. Rub this powder on your teeth twice a day, or you can also use it after every meal. Rinse out very well. This will keep away all sorts of dental problems. Then splash water on the eyes. Eyesight will remain stable—this is a fact.
5. Gently scrape your tongue from back to forward.
This will clear off dead skin & dryness of the tongue.
6. After washing your face, offer prayer to your God/Guru and elders at home. You will be filled with immense energy, positive feelings, and enthusiasm. Always remember that spirituality is the crucial step in how to look younger. Connecting yourself with the Lord brings positive vibes to the whole body.
7. Use Ayurvedic medicated eye drops. They reduce soreness and itching of the eyes. Rasanjan is recommended daily to keep the eyes healthy.
8. Put 1-3 drops of lukewarm ghee/oil into each nostril. This clears the sinuses & improves voice. This simple step also reverses aging. Fill mouth with water/medicated oil. This clears the tongue and never lets the lips dry or crack.
9. Apply oil over scalp, body, ears & soles.
Gentle massaging of the scalp prevents baldness & graying of hairs. Oiling soles improve sleep.
10. Do some regular exercises. Regular 5 minutes of exercise decreases fat, increases activity & strengthens joints. Exercise daily to half of your capacity until you sweat out.
Walking is the best exercise. After physical activities, do some breathing exercises or yoga asanas.
11. Apply face & body packs to enhance beauty. It destroys dead skin & relieves itching.
A simple pack is wheat flour mixed with curd.
12. Next, bath; with cold water on the head & eyes and hot water below the waist
Bathing brings energy to the body, clarity to the mind & holiness to life.
13. Now the time is for diet. Never miss the breakfast. Lunch should be a significant diet.
Your diet should be according to your capacity, hot & well cooked, carefully planned & Prakriti oriented.
Our body reflects our diet. Our mind is the mirror of our body. Eat keeping 1/4th of the stomach empty.
14. After dinner, it is time to relax.
Spend some quality time with your family. Calm yourself with light music/reading. Then take a sound sleep—a significant step of how to look younger.
Plan your Dincharya, i.e., Daily Regimen, according to your body type and stay healthy.
To look young and fit every time and naturally, you have to do some more—
15. Stay positive :
One of the best-known ways to keep feeling young is having a positive attitude. For a healthier and happier life, surround yourself with positive, vibrant people – and be one yourself. Cheerful people are less likely to get sick. Do the things that make you happy more often, and try to let go of negative emotions like anger, guilt, resentment, grief, and shame.
16. Stay active :
Regular exercise lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, obesity, and dementia. Exercise also keeps bones strong and helps the brain release depression-fighting serotonin. So do the daily routine for at least half an hour.
Go outside for holidays and avoid pollution. Go for a walk, a run, or a bike ride outdoor.
Try something new like reading, learning to remain your brain active. Active people stay healthier and more energetic.