Ayurveda is a ancient holistic science of life. Only you are unaware of it.
This age’s old science — Ayurveda provides many secrets for–How to look younger?
All you have to do is follow the steps as it is & feel the difference in you.
As the saying goes—
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
John C. Maxwell
Successful aging, positive aging,anti-aging, healthy aging is defined as: the absence of disease and disability; high cognitive and physical functioning; and active engagement with life. Within these general categories, there are many things you can do to look and feel great as you age.
How to look younger:- 16 Steps to look younger-
Ayurveda has Daily Regime or Daily care to look young and healthy forever. In this process you have to develop some habits and sets as your daily regimes. There are 16 things you can do to look younger. So lets start the process of anti-aging with the beginning of day.
1. Wake up early in the morning:
The best time is before sun rise. But keep in mind if you feel some discomfort in abdomen, keep a sleep for some more time.You will stay off from bad breath, constipation, laziness & many eye disorders.
2. Empty your colon & bladder :
Empty your colon and bladder if you urge to. But if you don’t, do not strain. Eliminating body wastes peacefully kicks off headache, rhinitis, piles, anal pain/prolapse.
3. Gargle twice a day :
Gargle twice a day with water. Rinse thoroughly without spilling water or speaking. This is best for oral health, strengthen teeth, gums & jaw.
4. Clean your teeth using neem stick/liquorice/cardamom root stick/banyan/babul sticks.
Here is a time-tested powder formula for your teeth.
Take powders of —
embolic myrobalan, chebulic myrobalan, belliric myrobalan, ginger, black pepper, piper longum and cinnamon.
Alternatively, you can use herbal Dental paste. It is really effective.
Mix them thoroughly and add honey. Rub this powder on your teeth twice a day or you can also use it after every meal. Rinse out very well. This will keep away all sort of dental problems. Then splash water on eyes. Eyesight will remain stable—this is a fact.
5. Gently scrap your tongue from back to forward.
This will clear off dead skin & dryness of tongue.
6. After washing your face, offer prayer to your God/Guru and elders at home. You will be filled with immense energy, positive feelings and enthusiasm.
7. Use Ayurvedic medicated eye drops. They reduce soreness, itching of eyes. Rasanjan is recommended daily to keep eyes healthy.
8. Put 1-3 drops of lukewarm ghee/oil into each nostril. This clears the sinuses & improves voice. Aging is also reversed by this simple step. Fill mouth with water/medicated oil. This clears the tongue and never let the lips dry or crack.
9. Apply oil over scalp,body,ears & soles.
Gentle massaging of scalp prevent baldness & graying of hairs. Oiling soles improves sleep.
10. Do some regular exercises. Regular 5 minutes exercise decreases fat, increases activity & strengthen joints. Exercise daily to half of your capacity which is until you sweat out.
Walking is the best exercise. After physical exercises, do some breathing exercises or yogasanas.
11. Apply face & body packs to enhance beauty. It destroys dead skin & relieves itching.
A simple pack is wheat flour mixed with curd.
12. . Next, bath ;with cold water on head & eyes, and hot water below the waist
Bathing brings energy to the body, clarity to the mind & holiness to the life.
13. Now the time is for diet. Never miss the breakfast. Lunch should be the major diet.
Your diet should be according to your capacity, hot & well cooked, carefully planned & prakriti oriented.
Our body reflects our diet. Our mind is the mirror of our body. Eat keeping 1/4th of stomach empty.
14. After dinner it is the time to relax.
Spend some quality time with your family. Calm yourself by light music/reading. Then take a sound sleep.
Plan your Dincharya i.e. Daily Regimen according to your body type and stay healthy.
For looking young and healthy every time and naturally you have to do some more—
15. Stay positive :
One of the best-known ways to keep feeling young is having a positive attitude . For a healthier and happier life, surround yourself with positive, vibrant people – and be one yourself. Cheerful people are less likely to get sick. Do the things that make you happy more often, and try to let go of negative emotions like anger, guilt, resentment, grief and shame.
16. Stay active :
Regular exercise lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, obesity and dementia. Exercise also keeps bones strong and helps the brain release depression-fighting serotonin. So do daily exercise for at least half an hour.
Go outside for holidays and avoid pollution Go for a walk, a run or a bike ride outdoor.
Try something new like reading, learning to remain your brain active. Active people remain healthier and more energetic.