What is Mountain Pose (Tadasana Yoga)
In Sanskrit, Tada means – Mountain and Asana means – Gesture or Pose,
So, it is called as Mountain Pose (Tadasana Yoga)
In Mountain Pose (Tadasana Yoga) you stretch your whole body from feet to arms. Mountain Pose (Tadasana Yoga)is very effective to increase height. Mountain Pose (Tadasana yoga) is a foundational yoga pose for all standing poses. You will be using this pose often to prepare for other poses, but it can be done itself to improve your posture.
How to do Mountain Pose (Tadasana Yoga)
- Stand straight and keep some distance between feet.
- Hands should be hanging alongside your body.
- Now while deep inhaling raises your both the arms upwards and interlock your fingers.
- Raise your heels and stand on your toes. Feel the stretch in your body from feet to fingers of arms.
- Hold this position and your breath for 10 seconds.
- Now while exhaling release your pose to come to the starting position.
- Repeat this cycle for 10 times.
Benefits of Mountain Pose (Tadasana Yoga)
- One of the best yoga poses to increase height.
- Stimulates nervous system.
- Improves body posture and balance.
- Regulate the menstrual cycle in women.
- Tone your buttocks and abdomen.
- This asana reduces flat feet.
- Relieves sciatica
- Strengthens your ankles, knees, thighs, arms, and legs.
- Improves the function of the respiratory and digestive system.
Tadasana (Mountain Pose) Precautions
- Those who are suffering from insomnia, low blood pressure or a headache should not practice tadasana yoga pose.
- Should not practice during pregnancy.
Tadasana Improves body posture and balance. It works on your muscles and align your skeleton to bring it back to its original position. So, when you are at your job, it gives more flexibility without any back pain. It strengthens the weak backs and buttocks.