What is Mountain Pose (Tadasana Yoga)
In Sanskrit, Tada means – Mountain and Asana means – Gesture or Pose,
So, it is called Tadasana Yoga (Mountain Pose)
In Tadasana Yoga (Mountain Pose) you stretch your whole body from feet to arms. Tadasana Yoga (Mountain Pose)is very effective to increase height. Tadasana yoga (Mountain Pose) is a foundational yoga pose for all standing poses. You will be using this pose often to prepare for other poses, but it can be done itself to improve your posture.
How to do Tadasana Yoga (Mountain Pose)
- Stand straight and keep some distance between your feet.
- Hands should be hanging alongside your body.
- Now while deep inhaling raises both the arms upwards and interlocks your fingers.
- Raise your heels and stand on your toes. Feel the stretch in your body from feet to fingers of arms.
- Hold this position and your breath for 10 seconds.
- Now while exhaling release your pose to come to the starting position.
- Repeat this cycle 10 times.
Benefits of Tadasana Yoga (Mountain Pose)
- One of the best yoga poses to increase height.
- Stimulates the nervous system.
- Improves body posture and balance.
- Regulate the menstrual cycle in women.
- Tone your buttocks and abdomen.
- This asana reduces flat feet.
- Relieves sciatica
- Strengthens your ankles, knees, thighs, arms, and legs.
- Improves the function of the respiratory and digestive systems.
Tadasana (Mountain Pose) Precautions
- Those who are suffering from insomnia, low blood pressure, or a headache should not practice this yoga pose.
- Should not practice during pregnancy.
Tadasana Improves body posture and balance. It works on your muscles and aligns your skeleton to bring it back to its original position. So, when you are at your job, it gives you more flexibility without any back pain. It strengthens the weak backs and buttocks.